Sunday, January 10, 2010

Past photos that I'm stoked on.


It's easy to over look these for some reason. For the longest time I have nitpicked and looked at a photo for the technical quality, and not what it was really about. You shouldn't get caught up in resolution, sharpness, and color. It's about the moment, it's about the photo as a whole. There is beauty in imperfections. They are also more interesting in more ways. These are all ways that I've lived my life since I have gotten my camera in no particular order over the past few years. Some snap shots, some were composed. But all were great in their own way. It is pretty overwhelming when you sit back and think about all the people, places, and experiences that you have had in your life. These are what I like to call Good Mondays moments. Moments that make your otherwise bad day into a good day. Thanks for looking. It took me a while to put this all together. I gave myself a rule to keep this to a minimum. Yes this is a minimum.


Summer color in the upper peninsula of MI.

My sister and brother in law renewing their vows.

Trail Blazers UP Mike. J ball, and Jeff D living in a dirt wonderland.

Our puppy on his Bday opening a present.

Lil sis photoshoot in the backyard.

The White Lotus photoshoot for Dig Magazine. This guy shreds like nobody I have ever seen. He is one of the coolest dudes I know too.

My Lil sister, My mother, and My aunt at my sisters graduation. My life is flying by, but atleast I have amazing people to spend it with.

Keri, my niece Emma, and my Nephew Landon.

Bird Land. Built by one man with a passion. He's a family man, and business man, and a rad dude. You won't ever meet anyone else like him.
Home town cemetery. My father is buried here. Sometimes I ride my bike just to ride it. No real purpose other than to go visit his grave. He is the reason why I love what I love. I can't thank him enough for what he did. He passed too soon, but his spirit will always be with me. R.I.P Jefferey Lee Newton
Our dog likes to sleep in whatever position whenever he wants....

We have a cute puppy.

No better feeling in the world, than having someone that you love, adore and love you back.

This is the Cranes in their element. Pretty amazing right?

My Bday 2009.

Chris Noble made me a cake, and CJ was stoked on it. It was a great Bday. I am very lucky to have the friends that I have.

Chris Ballard, and Ty D. on shovel duty. Start of Good Mondays.

Scott Towne. One of the most amazing, and nicest guys I have ever met in my whole life. He has done so much for me, and everyone that I know. This is him ripping his rolling piece of art. It is now gone, but I think he has picked up about 4 other projects since then. Thanks for everything that you do for me Scott.
This pic is great for so many reasons.

My best friend, and my best girl at the best place in the whole world.

Fork lift wars!

This is my family. Well most of them. We don't get together very often, but it sure is nice to have them.

Kyle Kling. Live in AZ now, but we had some great times.

Pretty girl and my bike. The perfect picture?

My pretty girl. So lucky to have her, this was the day I cracked my skull. I don't remember this moment, but isn't that why photography is so great?

Levi and I used to go ride, and shoot random photos.

Ty D. and Chris N. BMX Bros. downtown kzoo street session. One of many.

Paul B. riding a tall Gear. Rolling shots and enjoying the weather.

First show I ever shot. Tommy Tuff on the drums. Passion doesn't even describe this shot.

Wrestle MANIA!

The Cranes. These people are the reason who I am today. I can't even explain it so I'll just leave it at that.

My Girls. Meijer gardens enjoying butterflies and art.

I really wanted a mustache.

Paul B. Super good at being a photog, and folding paper.

Laugh out loud. One of those laughs that you can't stop.

BMX and D-whack.

Modern Grand Rapids contest. OG crew, including Kyle Kling, GT Joe, Roger Cunningham, VW Paul, and JASON!!!! This is good.
CJ Vaughan. Best bud in the whole world. Look at how happy he is. His shoes are sick too. I spend atleast 30 hours a week by his side. No joke.

Christmas eve with my pretty girl. It was so good. It was beautiful out, and I couldn't have spent it in a better way.

Paul Bomers. Inspiration to me in many ways including the main person who influences my photography. Thank you so much for all that you've done for me.

This is Matty. He is one of my favorite people to ride with. Such a little shredder, and is just stoked on riding bikes.

Jay Seedorff. I grew up riding Dirt bikes with him, and I still consider him a great friend even tho we haven't talked in years. His dad and my dad were best friends and were stoked on 2 wheeled machines.
Glenn Seals benefit jam. Brice, Jeff D. and Adam. Ted VanOrman board. I believe Ted was in Taiwan at this time when Glenn passed. But Ted was there in every other way.

I have more saddle time with these two than anyone else. Dups V. and Levi Browner. We used to have so much fun.
Painting of the wall. Keri and I came here for our 4 or 5 year anniversary. This was so good.



This is my last session ever with Glenn Seals. He pulled this Ice so clean. Dowagiac MI has to be one of my favorite places to ride ever. Endless lines. If you have been there and you don't know what I'm talking about I guess we just have a different perception on what the perfect skatepark is.
Best Friend. No more words need to be said. I have a longer story with this guy more than anyone that I know. This is him after a long night at work as a cook. He always smells like provolone.
The love of my life on MI waters. Doesn't get any better than this. It was cold, wet, and perfect. She means the world to me, and I thank her for loving me. Don't ask me why she does, but she does. That's all that matters.

We met this dude named Harley in Downtown Kzoo. He let us ride his bike around. He loved his Mongoose. Just goes to show how BMX can bring happiness to everyone that it comes into contact with.
Brice has inspired me for many years. He is a craftsman, has always done his whole thing, I don't think I have ever met a more chill just cool person in all of my years. One of the people I have truly been lucky to know in my life.
Jeremy Ball. He stays true to what he knows. This is right around the time I got my camera, and got back into BMX after taking 2 years off. Watching Jeremy made me excited, proud, and motivated to start riding again. I can't thank him enough for that.
Jared Ball. This is the Jared that I always have known. Basketball shorts, gold wheels, and a hoffman taj...




This is my mom in Hessel Bay MI. This is where she grew up. And here holding her pentax with black and white film feels right. I really love this.
St. Ignace MI on the 4th of July. It really feels like home.

An old shack. I was taking pics of it, and my mother comes up to it and puts a crushed flower on roof and says "this will be pretty Seanie." Lifes little moments...

This is Our Motel that I have stayed at since we were kids. We all bring our loved ones to these places now, and this has become just as special to them as it is to us. I am going to stop there. I have so many pics that I have overlooked it has made me sick. I have to open my eyes more to what I have...



No comments:

Post a Comment